WBFO Top Stories
New York's mask mandate for public, indoor spaces that don't have a vaccination requirement will remain in effect for at least the next three days while a legal challenge against the rule is litigated before an appellate court.
As lawsuit continues, Buffalo Public Schools to accommodate student with disabilities who can't maskFollowing filing of federal lawsuit, Buffalo Public Schools to allow reasonable accommodations for a student with disabilities who cannot mask.
Some retailers are starting to get the first wave of the 400 million free masks being distributed by the federal government. Every person is allowed to receive up to three masks.
WBFO Arts & Culture Desk
- Theater Talk: Poitier Passes, Denzel is Macbeth, Ricardos, the wait for Godot is over, Puffs coming soon
- Calling local artists: NFTA holding contest to put "Black Excellence" on its buses
- Theater Talk: COVID prompts Buffalo's TOY and OCC to hire swings/standbys/understudies similar to Broadway
- BPO cancels Friday, Saturday performances due to COVID
WBFO Business & Economy Desk
WBFO Disabilities Desk
- The Care Crisis: WNYer shares what is is like being without home care staff two-thirds of the day, as state looks at home care wages
- New OPWDD Acting Commissioner Kerri Neifeld speaks at annual SANYS conference
- $1.5B in one-time federal funding coming to direct support professionals in NYS
- Western New York represented at 2021 Media Access Awards
WBFO Health & Wellness Desk
WBFO Mental Health Initiative
WBFO Older Adults News Desk
- Despite safe staffing law, NY nursing homes may still get away with providing fewer than 3.5 care hours
- How Hochul’s $10 billion health care workforce plan could impact understaffed nursing homes
- State of the State: Hochul commits to ‘Master Plan for Aging'
- Should Hochul announce a ‘Master Plan for Aging’ during State of the State?
WBFO Women's News Desk
WBFO Education Reporting
New York News
NPR Top Stories
Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston said the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several immunizations required by most U.S. transplant programs.
Federal labor officials found enough support among Amazon workers on Staten Island to pave wave for a union election. It could be the second union vote for Amazon this year.
Schneider ends her storied run on the show with the second-longest consecutive win streak in its history and $1,382,800 in earnings.
Ukraine's former prime minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk says the military is stronger than it was the last time Russia invaded in 2014. But he still thinks the U.S. should help should Russia make advances.
NPR wants to know how you're being affected by falling stock values or the rising price of gas, food and utilities.
The mailbox was a key reason why labor officials ruled to re-do a union election at Amazon's Alabama warehouse. For the re-vote, the mailbox got moved. The union wants it gone.
The move comes two days after Neil Young requested that his work be removed from Spotify in protest over coronavirus misinformation on Joe Rogan's podcast.
More Local News from WBFO
The legislative package would cover a broad range of issues facing New Yorkers, from health care to housing.
He is already serving a five-year federal sentence for starting a fire in Buffalo City Hall and being a looter in an Elmwood Avenue convenience store. Renford also pleaded guilty to federal charges that brought him prison and three years of supervised release.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in eight women suffers from post-partum depression after giving birth, and a recent study by the CDC showed that the rate of depression diagnoses at delivery is increasing.
The state Senate on Thursday confirmed Gov. Kathy Hochul's choice of Dr. Mary Bassett as New York state’s new health commissioner. She replaces the controversial Dr. Howard Zucker, who left three months after former Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigned.
Jay Moran's weekly chat with Dr. Nancy Nielsen MD includes insight into the federal distribution of COVID tests, and a discussion on mask usage.
Lewis County's legislature says Sheriff Mike Carpinelli's letter on behalf of a rioter who illegally entered the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was a violation of his own department's policies.
Gov. Kathy Hochul’s budget plan includes a huge funding increase for the three state-owned schools on native territory. The schools are the Tuscarora School near Buffalo, Onondaga Nation School near Syracuse and the Saint Regis Mohawk School near Massena.
Thinking about selling your car, boat, motorcycle, truck or other vehicle? Donate it to WBFO instead.