WBFO Top Stories
This is the story of a young sailor, his best friend, and the girl he fell in love with just days before the Pearl Harbor attack that changed everything.
On the last night of Hanukkah, Chabad Rabbi Zalman Mendelsohn wraps up a busy week. He is currently the only ordained rabbi serving in Wyoming.
WBFO Arts & Culture Desk
- Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation announces $100 million commitment to sustain art and culture centers
- Theater Talk: Sondheim's passing shakes theater communities large and small, but, "the show(s) must go on" and we have eight (8) openings this weekend.
- New South Buffalo movie studio moves $2M closer to completion
- Theater Talk: MARGARITAVILLE at Shea's, LOOPED at New Phoenix, RENT at Shea's 710 and, one night only, Emily Yancey stars in the opera SUSANNAH on WNED-TV
WBFO Business & Economy Desk
- Starbucks Workers United says almost a third of Buffalo workers participating in union vote are ineligible
- More than a century later, Eastman still a fabric of downtown Buffalo manufacturing
- Farmers say a 40-hour overtime threshold could end their businesses
- Buffalo's Broadway-Fillmore, City of North Tonawanda named winners in state downtown revitalization program
WBFO Disabilities Desk
- $1.5B in one-time federal funding coming to direct support professionals in NYS
- Western New York represented at 2021 Media Access Awards
- BE SAFE wins $1 million grant to aid seniors, people with disabilities victimized by domestic abuse
- Have Brown and Walton lived up to promises of using ASL interpretation and captioning?
WBFO Health & Wellness Desk
WBFO Mental Health Initiative
WBFO Older Adults News Desk
- Erie County’s senior dining adapts during pandemic to get food to oft-food-insecure population
- Buffalo nursing home picket turns into celebration of new contract, pay raises
- ‘Strung along with one-year extensions,’ nursing home workers say protracted sale to Elderwood is preventing long-term contract
- Buffalo’s homeowners are aging fast. What will India Walton and Byron Brown do about it?
WBFO Women's News Desk
- Oishei Foundation chooses economic development veteran as its new president
- Complications from pregnancy and delivery estimated at $32B for babies born in 2019
- Assembly report confirms attorney general's findings that Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women
- Lewiston sexual assault case gaining in national attention
WBFO Education Reporting
New York News
NPR Top Stories
President Biden provided hundreds of thousands of borrowers with debt relief this year — but his campaign promise to cancel at least $10,000 of student debt per person remains unfulfilled.
Omicron has many more mutations than previous variants of concern, a fact that raises questions about how effective existing vaccines will be against the new form of the coronavirus.
A COVID-19 vaccine from a Canadian biotech firm has been found effective at preventing moderate to severe disease. It could soon become the first plant-based vaccine authorized for human use.
Users trying to get to sites or apps connected to Amazon Web Services, including Netflix, Venmo and Disney+, have had frustrations. But Amazon says it's working toward recovery.
Biden told Putin in a call that if Russia invades Ukraine, the U.S. may levy economic sanctions and provide weapons and troops to NATO's eastern flank, said National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan.
Michael Steinhardt has denied he committed any crimes in acquiring the antiques and said many of the dealers who sold him items claimed that they were the objects' lawful owners.
Venezuelan opponents and U.S. officials were predicting his demise years ago. But Nicolás Maduro and his Socialist Party remain firmly in power.
More Local News from WBFO
Activist and former Buffalo Common Council member Betty Jean Grant was arraigned Monday morning in Buffalo City Court on two charges related to an early voting issue at the Delavan Grider Community Center.
Former Gov. Andrew Cuomo is under federal investigation for sexual harassment allegations, according to attorney contracts filed with the State Comptroller's Office.
UB researchers, in a recent study, worked with two local supermarkets to examine their plastic bag recycling boxes. A professor and two grad students went through the boxes and found much of the material in the boxes was unusable because of contamination.
India Walton calls mayoral campaign 'traumatic,' but thinks progressive politics still have a future in BuffaloFormer Buffalo mayoral candidate talks her campaign and progressive politics in the city and the future.
The Erie County Legislature adopted the 2022 budget on Thursday, but only after a heated disagreement over the plan’s property tax levy and whether Democrats misled Republicans about their intentions to raise it.
Longtime political operative G. Steven Pigeon, whose many past roles includes Erie County Democratic Committee Chairman, was formally charged Thursday morning with six counts related to an alleged incident five years ago involving a girl, according to prosecutors, was younger than 11 years old at the time.
Former Deputy Buffalo Mayor Steve Casey's firm L.S.A. Strategies was ordered to pay restitution for defrauding former Erie County Legislative Chairman Charles Swanick.
Buffalo's new U.S. Attorney shares thoughts on 'reckoning' for criminal justice system, including attitudes toward incarcerationIt was nearly two months ago when Trini Ross took the reins as the new U.S. Attorney for the Western District of New York. As she’s explaining, the reckoning is continuing in the criminal justice system, as some of its basic tenets are examined, like sending people away to long prison sentences and forgetting them.
Thinking about selling your car, boat, motorcycle, truck or other vehicle? Donate it to WBFO instead.