WBFO Top Stories
Even the Grinch can't stop shoppers in what's predicted to be a record holiday season.
Nuclear talks resume Monday between Iran and world powers in Vienna. The Biden administration has been trying to get the United States back into the 2015 nuclear agreement.
NPR's Steve Inskeep speaks with U.S. Special Envoy for Iran Rob Malley about the next round of talks to revive the Iran nuclear deal.
WBFO Arts & Culture Desk
- New South Buffalo movie studio moves $2M closer to completion
- Theater Talk: MARGARITAVILLE at Shea's, LOOPED at New Phoenix, RENT at Shea's 710 and, one night only, Emily Yancey stars in the opera SUSANNAH on WNED-TV
- Western New York represented at 2021 Media Access Awards
- 30 local artists to showcase original creations
WBFO Business & Economy Desk
WBFO Disabilities Desk
- $1.5B in one-time federal funding coming to direct support professionals in NYS
- BE SAFE wins $1 million grant to aid seniors, people with disabilities victimized by domestic abuse
- Have Brown and Walton lived up to promises of using ASL interpretation and captioning?
- Accessible voting options explained during webinar today
WBFO Health & Wellness Desk
- Test program connects on-scene first responders to overdose referral network
- Erie County mandates masks in public places, more restrictions to come if COVID numbers don’t go down
- State senator says it's up to citizens, more vaccinations to stem latest COVID surge and end pandemic
- Buffalo Public Schools 'on the cusp' of shutting down again due to COVID cases
WBFO Mental Health Initiative
WBFO Older Adults News Desk
- Erie County’s senior dining adapts during pandemic to get food to oft-food-insecure population
- Buffalo nursing home picket turns into celebration of new contract, pay raises
- ‘Strung along with one-year extensions,’ nursing home workers say protracted sale to Elderwood is preventing long-term contract
- Buffalo’s homeowners are aging fast. What will India Walton and Byron Brown do about it?
WBFO Women's News Desk
- Assembly report confirms attorney general's findings that Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women
- Lewiston sexual assault case gaining in national attention
- Capital Pressroom host shares insights into Cuomo sexual harassment transcripts
- Cuomo harassment probe transcripts released, including former governor’s testimony
New York News
NPR Top Stories
When it comes to receiving organ transplants, patients are not usually judged on prior behavior, but some doctors are questioning whether unvaccinated COVID patients should qualify for new lungs.
A new coronavirus variant, first discovered in South Africa, has begun to spread around the globe. Vaccine producers say they're working to get ahead of the new strain.
An isolated city on the Amazon illustrates why Peru has the highest COVID death rate in the world. One infectious disease expert called the country's awful record the result of a "perfect storm."
Cases of the latest COVID variant of concern — first identified in South Africa — have been reported in the U.K., Germany, Italy and elsewhere. Travel from southern Africa is now restricted.
NPR's Scott Simon reflects on the life and legacy of Stephen Sondheim, the venerated composer and lyricist who died Friday at the age of 91.
They aren't household names yet, but Rivian and Lucid are two auto startups attracting a lot of buzz – and loads of money.
Tensions are driven by the still-divisive personality of former President Trump, by issues such as vaccines and mandates and by the prospect of big Republican gains in the elections of 2022 and 2024.
More Local News from WBFO
New York Governor Kathy Hochul released a statement yesterday that state health officials are closely monitoring the new COVID-19 variant, called Omicron, but that it has not been identified in the state as yet.
Former Erie County Legislator Betty Jean Grant has been charged with harassing a voter.
Four intersections on Hampshire Street on Buffalo's West Side now have proper crosswalks, painted according to federal rules.
Beginning Tuesday in Ontario, families can book COVID-19 vaccines for their children ages 5-11.
Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz will hold a COVID-19 briefing on Tuesday at 2 p.m. Watch it live here.
When Kevin Hardwick takes over as Erie County comptroller Jan. 1, he's going to be looking for low-hanging fruit in government spending. His plan is to look at government collaborations that might save money by working together.
One of Buffalo's oldest buildings was the site of the oldest profession, at a time when prostitution was apparently rampant in the growing port city. Preservation Buffalo Niagara said the building can be saved and the agency is working on a redevelopment plan.
Buffalo turned the ball over four times, allowed Jonathan Taylor to score a franchise-record five times, in dropping to 6-4 and out of the AFC East Division lead. The Bills have lost three of five and face a short week in preparing to play at New Orleans on Thursday night.
Thinking about selling your car, boat, motorcycle, truck or other vehicle? Donate it to WBFO instead.