Erie County Fair shatters attendance record
The Erie County Fair shattered its all-time attendance record. Officials say when the Fair wrapped up Sunday night, its 2019 attendance hit 1,238,456.
"This is a 3.3% increase from 2018 and makes 2019’s number the highest attended Fair in the history of the Erie County Agricultural Society," said Marketing Manager Marty Biniasz. "The previous all-time record was achieved in 2014 (1,220,101)."
Biniasz said the Fair's opening day food drive also set a record, with nearly 53,000 pounds of canned food items collected for FeedMore WNY. Some other statistics from the 12-day summer event:
- Combined gross sales of all Fair market animal auctions: $289,980.50
- Dollars raised by the National Independent Concessionaires Association and given to four 4-H children during the youth steer auction: $17,000
- Number of competitive exhibits entries including 4-H entries: 10,159
- Number of scheduled volunteer hours covered by Friends of the Fair: 5,404
- Number of livestock at the Fair (excluding Horse Show & 4-H): 3,035
- Menu items available at Fair concessioners: 503
- Number of rides, games and concessions on the Strates Shows Midway: 167
"The Erie County Agricultural Society would like to thank Western New York for its continued support of the Erie County Fair," said Biniasz.