WBFO Top Stories
Former Minneapolis police officers Tou Thao, Thomas Lane and J. Alexander Kueng are charged with failing to provide medical care to George Floyd as Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck.
The laws governing Medicare don't provide coverage for self-administered diagnostic tests, including rapid antigen tests. Here's how older adults can get free tests anyway.
WBFO Arts & Culture Desk
- Theater Talk: Poitier Passes, Denzel is Macbeth, Ricardos, the wait for Godot is over, Puffs coming soon
- Calling local artists: NFTA holding contest to put "Black Excellence" on its buses
- Theater Talk: COVID prompts Buffalo's TOY and OCC to hire swings/standbys/understudies similar to Broadway
- BPO cancels Friday, Saturday performances due to COVID
WBFO Business & Economy Desk
WBFO Disabilities Desk
- The Care Crisis: WNYer shares what is is like being without home care staff two-thirds of the day, as state looks at home care wages
- New OPWDD Acting Commissioner Kerri Neifeld speaks at annual SANYS conference
- $1.5B in one-time federal funding coming to direct support professionals in NYS
- Western New York represented at 2021 Media Access Awards
WBFO Health & Wellness Desk
WBFO Mental Health Initiative
- NY bets on big revenue, but counselors worry online sports betting will up ante on addiction
- More than just holiday blues: How to recognize and help those struggling through the season
- Holiday greetings from WNY faith leaders and freethinkers
- NY's mental health workforce 'on life support,' asks state to release funds
WBFO Older Adults News Desk
- Despite safe staffing law, NY nursing homes may still get away with providing fewer than 3.5 care hours
- How Hochul’s $10 billion health care workforce plan could impact understaffed nursing homes
- State of the State: Hochul commits to ‘Master Plan for Aging'
- Should Hochul announce a ‘Master Plan for Aging’ during State of the State?
WBFO Women's News Desk
WBFO Education Reporting
New York News
NPR Top Stories
Laura Spears, 55, says she stumbled on her life-changing win a few days after buying a ticket for the Mega Millions jackpot. "I couldn't believe what I was reading," she says.
The Pentagon said no final decision has been made, but Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin wanted U.S. forces to be ready "just in case" of a Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The $10 billion telescope is nearly ready to begin capturing images that scientists hope will help uncover the mysteries of the universe. And help scope out other possible habitable planets.
The attacks underscore how Yemen's civil war, which has ground on for over seven years, can flare into a regional danger.
The American Library Association handed out nearly two dozen awards for kids' books this week. We look at some of the winners.
Legal experts say the illegitimate submissions should motivate Congress to update the Electoral Count Act and "firm up the guardrails" of democracy.
The world-famous aardvark first appeared in print over 45 years ago. The Emmy and Peabody award-winning TV show is about to begin its 25th and final season — and creator Marc Brown has a new book.
More Local News from WBFO
Business has been a challenge lately for craft breweries in Ontario and Quebec. COVID-19 restrictions in both provinces have put a temporary stop on indoor dining and barrooms, which has greatly reduced sales opportunities for brewers.
Patrick Mahomes found Travis Kelce in the corner of the end zone from 8 yards early in overtime, and the Kansas City Chiefs rallied to beat the Buffalo Bills 42-36 on Sunday night in a sizzling finish to a wild divisional-round weekend.
Women's professional hockey is more than doubling the salary cap for each of its six teams to $750,000, adding two expansion franchises next season, increasing the season to 28 games and — the icing on the cake — shifting the league's 2022 All-Star Showcase from Toronto to Buffalo on Jan. 29.
Jessica Pegula, the daughter of Buffalo Bills owners Kim & Terry Pegula, celebrated her victory earlier this week at the Australia Open with a shoutout to Buffalo Bills mafia, as they head into an NFL Playoff game against Kansas City Sunday.
Movie theaters in New York will be allowed to add beer and wine to their concessions for consumption by customers watching a film, the State Liquor Authority ruled Wednesday by unanimous vote.
The legislative package would cover a broad range of issues facing New Yorkers, from health care to housing.
He is already serving a five-year federal sentence for starting a fire in Buffalo City Hall and being a looter in an Elmwood Avenue convenience store. Renford also pleaded guilty to federal charges that brought him prison and three years of supervised release.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in eight women suffers from post-partum depression after giving birth, and a recent study by the CDC showed that the rate of depression diagnoses at delivery is increasing.
Thinking about selling your car, boat, motorcycle, truck or other vehicle? Donate it to WBFO instead.